No family is the same. If they were, then SAM could design one template of support coordination and apply it everywhere.
We recognize each family has its own unique needs, their own dreams, and we help to work toward those goals. Our Support Coordinators take the time and effort to listen to what each individual wants out of life. We use those dreams to develop specific and measurable personal outcomes that work toward improved self-sufficiency and independence.
SAM provides the following Support Coordination Services to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families:
What is the Role of a Support Coordinator?
- Identifying an individual’s support needs and preferences through development of an Individualized Service Plan (ISP)
- Locate options for services that meet the needs of individuals including, but not limited to, traditional providers, community and natural supports
- Responding to emergencies and other service related needs including after traditional business hours
- Facilitate person-centered planning process
- Ensuring services are received as outlined in the ISP
- Ensuring the health and safety of those supported
- To promote individuality, choice and control in customer’s lives
- To provide quality supports and quality information through monitoring of the health and safety of people receiving supports and services
- To link customers to services, resources, and benefits
Why choose SAM as your Support Coordination Agency?
- Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (C.A.R.F)
- National Association of Case Management (NACM, Charter member)
- We provide Support Coordination in 17 counties in Pennsylvania to 6,400 individuals
- We conduct annual surveys for all individuals served in order to assess our effectiveness and quality of service
- SAM Inc. was voted “The Morning Call” Top Workplace 2016
- Our Support Coordination program had a turnover rate of 11% in 2015
- Our staff is mobile and are equipped with smart phones and laptops
- We encourage flexible work hours to meet the unique needs of customers and families
- Caseload sizes range between 25 and 35 individuals
- We complete monthly budget reviews for each individual served